Blurb Verse

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter New Year!!

Dear friends,

I hope you have had a blessed and most wonderful Easter.
Personally, I love Easter. It is definitely my favourite Christian holiday. What could compare to the amazing God has given me & you in Jesus through his death & resurrection - a restored relationship with God & an eternity with Him!


But this year, I have loved it for a second reason; I have loved it because it marks a new year for me! To be honest, 2012 did not start well for me. When January 1st 2012 dawned, I was greeted heartily with a mighty run of migraines, worsened levels of pain, increased inability to sleep and a quiet assurance that I was not going to survive the year to come. It was one of the roughest points of my life. Not to mention the fact that I ended up in the hospital on the 2nd with palpitations and an inability to breathe properly.

Things have improved since then. Not necessarily because I am better but more so, because since then, I have not even attempted to survive a day without God's strength. Therefore, Easter 2012 marks the start of something new for me: It marks the resolution & decision to never live another day except through God's strength and to be reliant & dependant on him fully (100%) with every day that follows! 

The world hates being dependant and reliant. I have heard a multitude of family, friends and doctors, even the one from my hospital incident above, tell me that I need to be more independent and take more things into my control & hand. That if do not do so, my mental health would be in serious danger. And I have had to think seriously about this issue. But God tells us otherwise. God tells us that we are to be reliant and dependant on Him. And in some ways this is one of the greatest lessons that God strives to teach us through our suffering.

"Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but God, who raises the dead."                                                           
2 Corinthians 1:9

Jesus relied on God. Though his suffering was great, indeed it was the most horrific greatest suffering that will ever be, he committed his spirit into his Father's hands. He said not my will, but yours.


So, let's strive together, for the rest of the year, whether weak or suffering, whether broken or whole, whether suffering or celebrating, that we might rely fully & 100% on God to survive & do anything that He has called us to do. Happy Easter New Year! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a great resolution! Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B! I hope & pray this is one resolution God helps me keep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your frog picture on this page copyrighted? Or may I use it on the T-shirts for my 4th grade class? Please let me know. Thank you.
    Lauri Lopez
    llopez@calexicomissionschool.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your frog picture on this page copyrighted? Or may I use it on the T-shirts for my 4th grade class? Please let me know. Thank you.
    Lauri Lopez
    llopez@calexicomissionschool.org

    ReplyDelete